19 October 2011

Christmas Cards

Hi :-)

While you wait for me to get round to finishing off and taking photos of my paint fusion projects from Port Sunlight, I thought I’d post a couple of Christmas cards that I’ve done for my “for sale” box.

The first is one of my most favourite toppers from Hunkydory.  I’ve always loved unicorns and have a small collection of unicorn items I’ve collected over the years – you wouldn’t believe how hard it can be to find really nice looking unicorns that don’t just look like a horse with a horn stuck on it’s head.

Unicorn landscape web

I matted and layered the topper onto a stamped background and onto silver mirri card.  The stamped background uses my favourite snowflake background stamp from Creative Expressions (OASIS1200K).  I stamped a full A4 sheet using Versamark and embossed with Winter Wonderland embossing powder by Stampendous.  It’s a gorgeous powder and you will see both the stamp and powder turn up a fair bit in my winter cards.  The stamped backgrounds have also been coloured and edged with Weathered Wood Distress Ink.  The greeting is a peel off as my printers refuse to take card even though they should.

The second card is a lovely landscape scene, also by Hunkydory.  Both card toppers have touches of glitter on too.

Winter Scene web

This second card has individual tiny snowflakes stamped all over both the card blank and the background mat, then embossed with – you’ve guessed it – Winter Wonderland embossing powder.  The mat has been coloured using Dusty Concord Distress Ink to make the snowflakes stand out.  Silver mirri card has again been used as layers.

Well I think I’ve gone on long enough.  I hope you like the cards, feel free to add any comments as I would love to know what you think of my cards.

Happy crafting and take care

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment